Jeevan Tara Building, Parliament Street, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
Ph - +91-9810302636
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Website - www.mheadventures.com
- Climbing Expeditions
- White-Water Rafting
- Of-Road Trips
- Luxury off-the-beaten-path active holidays
About Mercury himalayan Explorations Ltd.
4x4 Jeep Safaris | Trekking and Climbing Expeditions | White Water Rafting | Skiing and Snowboarding | Largest Adventure Travel Network in India| The Active Holiday Experts
Mercury Himalayan Explorations (MHE) is one of the pioneers of adventure travel in India. The company was founded in 1982 by Col. "Bull" Kumar, PVSM, KC, AVSM, MacGregor Medal, IMF Gold Medal, Padma Shri, Arjuna Award and Fellow of the Royal Geographic Society.He isone of India's most celebrated mountain climbers and decorated soldiers, best known for securing the Siachen Glacier for India without shedding a drop of blood. The Kumar Base at the glacier, is named after him.
MHE operates trekking and climbing expeditions across the Himalaya, owns and operates rafting camps on some of India’s best known rafting rivers and specialises in off-road jeep safaris across north and south India.
We’re known for our innovative approach towards adventure travel and believe it is important to expand the cluster and let more people experience the high – in more ways the one! This is what makes us take 35 corporate, ‘indoorsy’ people to Kashmir for a cross-country snow-mobile expedition; or plan a unique luxury vacation in Rajasthan with exclusive properties researched by our own in-house team; or a Ganga rafting expedition as a year-end family vacation, or plan a adrenaline high expedition on the Zanskar river !
MHE Awards and Recognitions:
- The pioneers of off-road and jeep safaris in India – handled the famous Isuzu Challenge in 2001 and the Queen of the Desert safaris in 2004 and 2012.
- Our road trips have been featured in the Outside Magazine as part of “The 30 Most Incredible Trips To Take In 2015.”
- Awarded multiple National Tourism Awards for being “the most innovative tour operator in India” and for “pioneering off-road and ATV expeditions in India”.
- The Sunday Times UK rated MHE as the "top adventure travel operator in India."
- MHE recently won the Outlook Traveller popular awards for “the Best Adventure Tour Operator in India 2015.”
- The India partners for BAE Access Water Series 2015, that starts with a 60-day long expedition following the river Ganges from source to sea, led by polar educators and explorers Liv Arnesen and Ann Bancroft.
- MHE is the only private adventure operator to get special permission from the DGMO to organize a trek to the Siachen Glacier in August 2016. This is to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Bull Kumar's conquest of the glacier.
- We're recognised and licensed by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, and a member of ATOAI as well as ATTA, USA.
Known for its innovative approach towards adventure, MHE has a reputation for several firsts to its credit. It was the first adventure tour operator to organize treks to Spiti Valley, Nanda Devi Inner Sanctuary, Kanchenjunga Base Camp and Siachen Glacier. In the world of white-water rafting, the first descents of the Brahmaputra river in 1991, Upper Teesta, Upper Indus, Nubra, Narmada and Suru rivers are all credited to MHE.
MHE’s partnership with Mercury Travels, a leading travel agency partly owned by the Oberoi group of hotels, gives it the largest adventure travel network in the Indian sub-continent covering 15 cities across India and marketing offices in Frankfurt, New York, and Hamburg. Our association with the India arm of Outward Bound Himalaya is a unique partnership that gives us an opportunity to introduce young Indians to the great outdoors.
MHE's day-to-day operations are managed by its CEO Akshay Kumar who is also the past president of the Adventure Travel Association of India (ATOAI) and a keen skier, trekker, and rafting guide.
Find more details at our extensive websites: